Thursday, June 02, 2005

Sunset I treasure


sunset
Originally uploaded by mayavi.
Well, this is one of my favourites and unarguably one of the best sunsets I have ever captured in that small lens of mine.

Well, there is nothing we need to do to capture good images of sunsets. It is always beautiful. But you should know the happeneings behind taking this pic to know why its my favourite.


We were driving to Montreal two weeks back. Vikas at the driver's seat and me as the navigator (well, straight to Montreal doesnt need any navigator though*wink*). We were travelling eastand that makes the Sunset on my left side. As you know, the drivers seat is on the left. So any pictures that I take of my left would involve the driver ( He is a towering 6.2 feet guy) and through the windows an has to be appropriately zoomed.

I was acting the DJ and was busy with catering to the requests of 5 back seaters in that big Dodge Murango that I did not notice the sunset on my left. The guys behind were busy replaying the full rainbow we saw and pictured earlier. There, you avhe a beautiful sunset and they were busy with self appreciation...Turning onto my left, I shouted at the guys to tkae a snap fast before we miss the scenic picutre...Fumbling they tried taking the pic but were not getting a clear view, either with the window obstruction or something. And here I was desperately wanting to take that snpa which arguably would last only for a minute...and I ahve this BIG guy on my next. the only way I can take is to zoom between his hands holding the steering and through the windows on his side and I shd get a nice view and without any shake on that curvy road while he is driving at 100 km/hr.(well, we kept to the speeding limit that day)....I leaped and grabbed my camera and positioned myself to zoom in between the driver's arms and waiting for a nice view on the lens.....For a minute, what I saw mesmerised me and I do not know when my fingers snapped, but the pic was taken exactly the way it was when I felt a mesmerising touch !!! - not a slight difference. I dont think any other moment to take the snap wld have done this justice to what is on my mind...Its like that moment is frozen forever - the beauty of still photography.

And thats exactly the reason why tihs pic has joined my personal favourites for a long time to come !!!!


BTW,what do you see in th pic? What I see is there in the comments !!!

4 comments:

Enchanted Mind said...

ooops it was a Dodge Durango !!!

compassioNAT said...

great pic...but now that you say you see an elephant's trunk in it...that's all that i can see too!

Can't get the trunk out of my head.

Monicaatje said...

Does it really matter what kind of vehicle it was? I wouldn't know the diff anyways :P *MoN scratches her head*

Well... I have this as wallpaper on my comp so... need I say more? ;)

Yes! I do... the story does make it more special, especially cuz it's the same image u had in ur mind...

The elephant trunk (I would say head) is so clear in that image, plus I'm biased by ur comment, darn! :P

Enchanted Mind said...

ooops Nat and MoN,

Sorry for spoiling the imagination...*wink*


MoN,

I had actually mentioned Dodge Murango in the post.....just wanted to be clear..