Thursday, June 02, 2005

(E)Merged a Rainbow


merged15-16
Originally uploaded by mayavi.
I have vivid memories of rainbow - the colourful display of mother nature. This again was captured enroute Montreal two weeks back. I can just look at the rainbows forever and have been doing so since childhood. However, I have never ever seen a complete rainbow until then. A bane when you live in a city and that too a crowded one like Chennai/Blore I guess and never a one where all the seven colours were clearly visible. Here I was watching a full version of the rainbow - It started as half visible and as the roads curved, it danced to our left and right - a colourful dance - and it was like playing catch-me-if-you-can with us and was growing bigger and bigger that I realised it was no longer small enough to fit into my lens.....And as we neared it, I found a thin second rainbow on top of it.

-
oodal konda mukilanangalin kannir perukko?
athuve vanavil ennum nirathin sangamamo?
-

I had to play around with the two images to produce this one. This has actually kindled my interest in digital photography...and I'm working on making this merged image a perfect one. I use GIMP ( GNU Image Manipulation Program) and I'm new to imaged editing and working with layers. Anyone got any advice to remove the colour difference in the lines etc....I can send the two original images if you want to paly around.

Any suggestions on getting started with image manipulation and any pointers to any other softwar is welcome - Only freewares and sharewares pls....I do not have money to buy nor inclination to use pirated copies.

6 comments:

compassioNAT said...

wow..i love rainbows. they are facsinating arent they?

You won't believe me if i tell you this. But i will tell u anyway.

Once, on a early morning flight to korea, I saw a full-circled rainbow! Like a rounded rainbox..can you believe that.Such a phenomenon. I couldnt take eyes of that...because i never knew until then that rainbows don't juat come in half/ quarter shapes.

I doubt i'll ever be treated to such a sight again...so capture all those shots while you can!

Monicaatje said...

I never even thought rainbows could be captured in pics...
Are in your culture also rainbows a promise? I like it when people make up those almost magical stories just to give kids an explanations about something they ignore :P
Remind me to tell u about my rainbow story later :)

@$#!$# said...

GIMP is the best freeware that u can use for image editing...the paid best is Adobe Photoshop.

You can get online help/tutorials for image manipulation, but the best way is to practice on it!!!

all the best

Enchanted Mind said...

@Nat,

I wonder if there is anyone who doesnt love rainbows?

Early morning flight and you see a rainbow in the sky?? sounds exotic.....

Do you know there wld be a second rainbow when you have a full rainbow?

@MoN,
Rainbows can be captured when they are strong. The second one was not strong enough and thats why I cldnt get a pic of two rainbows one top of the other.

@Ashish
Yep, self learn is always the best way and am still learning !!!

Kroopa Shah (Kr00pz) said...

Hey,
The pictures on this blog are amazing!! Keep it up!!

Enchanted Mind said...

@kroopa,
Tx for visiting !!!