Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Squirrel


Squirrel
Originally uploaded by mayavi.
Well, this snap was NOT taken by me, neverthless, I'm posting it here bcos, it was taken in my Camera. It was pictured by Vikas - my roomie - during our trip to Mont Royal in Montreal. Sounds familiar, yep, Montreal derives its name from Mont Royal the highest place to get a peak of the town. No need to mention, this hill was scenic and we went there and waited for the other car to join us - which eventually they never did. While roaming around - we almost hiked the entire place and walked close to atleast 5 kms following a restaurant sign to come back to the same restaurant which we were standing next to and was closed :-p. We also happened to see French wedding which I seem to be lucky enough everytime. Oh well, while waiting, there was this squirrel that was having its share of food for the day. And it was quite bold - probably used to lot of vistiors around - letting us come so close near to it. It did allow, but always had a watch on how far we came - Look at the eyes.....The moment we crossed the boundary it kept for itself, it wld keep the hands(or is it legs) down as if to run and we wld back away. The closeness it allowed and the zoom in the camera produced this. Wonder what it wld be thinking about the human's curiosity or would it?? I'm sure that wld be an unsolved mystery for me !!!

4 comments:

Monicaatje said...

Maybe it thought u were going to steal its food, u might have looked hungry, after all, u were looking for a restaurant, weren't u? :P

Enchanted Mind said...

that was a nice answer !!!

NS said...

Such a cutie!:) I love squirrels, very very active and cute! Can sit for hours doing nothing but watching them:)

Enchanted Mind said...

Oh, thats what I used to do during lazy saturday afternoons.....when they come and have the "Kolam" my granny did !!!

*sigh* Those were days !!!