Monday, July 04, 2005

Squirrel


squirrel
Originally uploaded by mayavi.
Last friday, I was alone and thought I'll try learning few basics in sketching. My reference was the squirrel picture my friend took a while ago. The exercise was to learn how to draw thin hairlines. I'm pretty much happy at the output on the right *smile*.

Materials I used are 2H and 6B pencils on a Acid Free Sketch book

Things I liked about this pic was the
1. eyes
2. hair lines of the tail and rear limbs

Things I think I need to improve are
1. proportion - look at the original, the head is not shaped like a traingle at all, as it should have been
2. the sketch must be a little brighter
3. Have more patience *nods myhead diligently*

10 comments:

Tasha said...

Lovely!

DreamClicks said...

Perfect! Has become one of my fave in your collection!

@$#!$# said...

Amazing pic...u r really a talented hand at the arts!!

pk said...

Awesome sketch.

Enchanted Mind said...

@tryer
Welcome

@DV,
Havnet you started your works in dubai yet !!! Wld like to see you painting some sand tunes *wink*

@ashish & kaleidoscope
Tx for the lovely words

messys musings said...

nice one... i can never draw...well done..

che sara sara said...

awesome....
when a woman cooks well we generally people say...samayal seitha kaiku thangathula valiyal senchi podalamnu
now me thinking...un kaiku enna senchi podallamnu...
romba nalla errukku...
eppadi entha 3D effect vanthichu???
romba achariyama erukku???

Monicaatje said...

There's something about the body... seems less chubby on the sketch.
Also I get the impression the legline should've been higher, but u know I suck at drawing so IDK how valid my opinion is :P
What I luuuuuuuuved bout it was the face. It's such a cutie! And it really had an expression on it... plus the bright of the eye is very nice. The tail I also liked... it gives the impresiong of furryness and softness, like a tail should be :)
Well done! congrats *stretches out hand to shake it*

--pearl-- said...

datz a beauty :)

jayks said...

The EYE!!!
wow...thats a perfect eye....
it looks beautiful.